Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Xbot360



ENTRY 4

Everyone, meet "Xbot360". Xbot360 is an original creation(programming and construction). It's based on an idea I had before I even started experimenting with Mindstorms NXT.

After putting about 400+ hours into "TES:IV - Oblivion" for the Xbox360(227 w/one character, and 183 w/another), I decided to try and get my "Thief/Assassin" character's acrobatics level all the way to 255.

Rather than sitting in front of the 360 for hours on end, I designed Xbot360. He's very simple. When you launch the program, Xbot360 says, "Play", and then begins pressing the jump button over and over. While he's "playing", if someone or something blocks his view of the tv, he will stop playing, say "Watch Out!", and when his view is once again clear, he says "Thank You", and continues playing out the time set in his programming(adjustable in code). When he finishes playing, he says "Game Over", and shuts down.

My comfort level with construction, and the NXC programming language are slowly, but steadily growing. This being only my 4th robotic creation, and my first of original design(that actually works), I think I'm progressing at an acceptable pace.

The NXC code for Xbot360 is available in the Downloads section, and you can watch a video of Xbot360 here, or by following the link in the Video section to the right.

- FuseUnison

-Quote of the Post-
"The whole of life is but a fleeting moment of time...
It is our duty, therefore to use it."
- Plutarch




1 comment:

Eric said...

How did you circumvent the 10-minute auto-shutoff to allow for over-night jumping?